MCYSA - CONDENSED GUIDELINES FOR CLUB REGISTRARS
These Condensed Guidelines do not replace directions in the MCYSA League Handbook or the
NJYS Coaches Handbook. They are provided as a brief reference to help clubs prepare team
carding packets for verification by the District Commissioners (DC's). Reference Updated
GotSoccer instructions below condensed guidelines.
FOR PACKET VALIDATION
Separate Forms into 5 different piles in Roster order
2) MEDICAL RELEASE
3) BIRTH CERTIFICATES
4) MEMBERSHIP FORMS
5) SAGE FORMS
Please read the Steps for Carding and pass the information along to appropriate people to ensure that carding is done correctly and efficiently. Proofread the submissions so the entire carding process will be carried out with as little delay, disappointment, and extra work as possible.
Please submit the paperwork as follows:
1) PLAYER PASSES
in the order of the roster No corrections at all on players' card. DO NOT USE WHITE OUT
or the card can not be accepted. Do not use Polaroid pictures or the card won't stay laminated.
Same instruction as above for Player Passes. Must also have copy of Coaching License
NOTE: Only coaches listed on roster may be on sideline for Games
2) MEDICAL FORMS
Put the notarized medical forms in order of the roster. (Can use previous season’s stamped form)
3) BIRTH CERTIFICATES
Put the copies of the birth certificates in the order of the roster, HIGHLIGHT the Players name and birth date. With FOREIGN Birth Certificates include a certified english translation !Do Not use thermal fax paper for copies -- Information disappears!
4) MEMBERSHIP FORMS
The following must be HIGHLIGHTED:
a) Players Name
b) Players Birth date
5) SAGE FORMS
Signed by parents/players/coaches (coach must sign all player’s forms)
Every Packet MUST have at least ONE Licensed Coach
If a team is going to have a paid coach, that coach must get their card from the State Office. They must have proof of Insurance or purchase Insurance form the State Office for the $200.00 listed.
There must be a membership form for each player and each (Volunteer) coach. Put them in the order of how they are listed on the roster. Any "paid" coach or trainer MUST get their card, directly from the State Office.
Cards MUST be laminated before the first game -- please read the State Handbook
Helpful Hints for processing your player passes
1. Remove perforations from passes before signing
2. Have child sign (NOT PRINT) the player pass; have coach sign the coach pass. Coaches DO NOT SIGN PLAYERS PASSES! (Cards will be VOIDED, disciplinary action occurs, and new cards must be purchased)
3. The front of the player pass must read as the player's birth certificate. If the players name on birth certificate is John Smith, the pass must be signed, John Smith, not Johnnie!
4. Glue a current photo on the card where it says "Attach Photo Here". (NO POLAROIDS. COMPUTER PICTURES must be printed on hi-gloss paper. DO NOT USE PHOTOS FROM OLD PLAYER PASSES - must be a current 'stamp size' photo of face)
5. PASSES: * DO NOT CROSS OUT or use WHITE OUT *. If an error has been made a new pass needs to be printed. If you run out of passes more can be purchased from NJYS for $10.00
* Full-sided teams must have a minimum of 11primary players
* Small Sided teams must have a minimum 8 players
* U08 players may NOT play on a Full Sided team
* DC's # 55 will be entered when approved at DC
* MCYSA League # 12
* PLRSA Club #: 9209
7. Get Carding Packet to DC's for validation as soon as possible!! The team packet can be validated as long as you have the paperwork required minimum number of players and at least one coach. If you do not have complete paperwork for a player or additional coaches, you can always Add them to the team with a Player/Coach Status form later on. Depending on the volume of packets submitted to the DC it can take several days for validation.
8. Write contact number (name, phone, email) on each packet so you can be notified when packet has been validated and is ready for pickup.
9. If you are carding a team for a preseason tournament - on the packet envelope write TOURNAMENT and the tournament date.
Things to bring to the District Commissioner
1. Completed Player Passes; players' name, birth date including: FULL CLUB NAME- NO INITIALS!
2. Completed Roster - preferably in Alphabetic Order
3. Completed Membership Forms, in order of the roster, including one for each coach & player,
HIGHLIGHT names and birth dates (Coach Form MUST have e mail address written in, without this the roster will not get validated)
4. Birth Certificates, in order of the roster, HIGHLIGHT birth date and name and CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS of foreign birth certificates
5. Notarized Medical Forms, notarized (Last season’s medical forms can be used), again in order of the roster
6. Completed Volunteer Coaches Pass (s). If a coach is already carded with another team, or has received a Non-Volunteer pass from the NJYS office, bring copy of coach's pass (front and back) this stays with our records.
7. Copies of the volunteer coach's licenses.
8. If you are adding a previous carded player you must supply a copy of the player's release!
NOTES on TEAM NAMES:
Every Team MUST have its own unique name in the Club. This is a State and MCYSA requirement
Examples of invalid names: "NORTH HATFIELD 86/87" or " NORTH HATFIELD U09"
Age can not be part of the team name - Teams MUST have 'real' names that uniquely identify them
Examples of valid names: "NORTH HATFIELD Cougars" or "NORTH HATFIELD Wild Tigers"
9. When adding/dropping a coach or player, you MUST supply all copies of Roster & Player/Coach status forms to the DC, in order to complete your transaction.
Got Soccer Roster Instructions:
Prior to Printing Passes Review:
Correct players / no secondary carded players for initial roster / Name matches Birth Cert (very critical) / Birth Date / and anything else that may need to be changed. It is important that the there is a three way match between the Gotsoccer roster / Birth Certificate / and Membership form. The name must be exactly same and the player must sign using the official name.
You MUST be logged into your account as a team account to print your roster and passes. The coach account access only allows user to change individual profile. I believe I sent most head coaches the temporary ‘Team Sign in”. If not, email me or Cristiane Jennings a request.
Go to www.gotsport.com, / login under Teams (coaches and managers) / home / roster
Change Player information: / home / roster / Click on player / Update info / Hit Update button
Delete Player: / home / roster / Click on player / click “Delete Player” button
Add Player: / home / roster / Click on “Add Player” button / Fill in Player Name, Gender, DOB, Save
Add a Coach: / home / coach / Add / Update info / Save
NOTE:Coaches must have ID #’s generated prior to freezing of roster:
Generate ID#: /Home / coach / Head or assist coach / generate coach ID (upper right of coach name)
IMPORTANT: Prior to printing:
You need to make sure the scale factor in Adobe Reader is sent to "None" in print phase. You will find this setting on the screen where you select the printer to use. The Got Soccer system also has a note about this telling you to check the scale. It must be set to none to correctly print your player passes.
Generating Official Roster and Player passes:
Log in as Team / Home / League Event (MCYSA 2010-2011) / Roster / Freeze Roster.
Note: (Please review one more time prior to hitting this button as this can cost you a roster move if a player has to be released and then added later because he/she was not available to sign their card).You will see ID”s on all players after freezing roster and new links will appear above player lists.
Click on: “Standard NJ” and an ‘Official Roster’ is generated as a PDF file to be taken to DC. (If coach ID #’’s do not show go back to Coach Tab and generate a number –see above).
Click on ‘FRONT” for pre-printed stock and the system will generate ID cards in PDF format for all player’s/coaches on the team
Please use the copy page (make extra’s to experiment) and run some trials first. Once you are sure of placement of stock – then print actual passes. Save the PDF files to your PC for reference.
Secondary Pass Instructions / Generating New Roster With Added Players:
To add a secondary player to your roster you will have to know the player's full name and the player pass number of the player's primary player pass.
· Log in as Team / Home / League Event (MCYSA 2010-2011) / Roster / “+”Search for Secondary Players.
· In search box, enter player’s full name and primary # / click on search.
· The Age and Gender boxes will be populated with the age and gender of your team. If you are adding a younger player, change the age to the appropriate age group. Once player is found in the system, their record will be displayed along with an Add button. Click on the Add button if this is the player you want added – BE SURE!
· The player will be added to your roster as a secondary.
· Click on: “Standard NJ” button, print a new ‘Official Roster’, and print the player pass for just the added secondary player by clicking on the row that you want the player pass printed on. The pass for the secondary player will be labeled as *Secondary and the player's original player pass number will be the ID number printed on the secondary pass.
Instructions to Complete Status Form and Obtain Secondary Pass
1. Secondary passes will be printed on regular/blank player passes. Print the player pass using the single pass option.
2. Print a new roster.
3. Attach the player’s photo to the back of the pass and have the pass signed by the player.
4. Secondary player/team status forms attached and are available at the NJYS website at www.njyouthsoccer,com.
5. Complete this status form and obtain all signatures except the Secondary League Official and your club’s District Commissioner.
6. Deliver the $10 pass fee, the new roster and a copy, the old roster, the secondary pass, the status form with 3 copies , and a copy of the player’s primary pass, front and back, to the Secondary League Registrar. The Secondary League Registrar is the ONLY person that can sign the form.
7. The following four leagues allow secondary passes and have chosen as their signatory their League Registrar.
Central Jersey Youth Soccer Assn. - Jersey Coast Youth Soccer League
Metro Youth Soccer League - Morris County Youth Soccer League
8. Print two additional copies of the form.
9. Deliver the original and three copies of the form, the new roster (and a copy), the original old roster which the DC will keep, the player pass and a copy of the player’s primary pass, front and back, to the District Commissioner who processed your team roster. You will also need to present a valid medical release to the District Commissioner and follow any other rules and submit any other paperwork that your league requires to roster a secondary player. The District Commissioner will then stamp, date and sign the back of the pass, the
form and validate the new roster.
10. The District Commissioner will give you the completed pass, a copy of the secondary status form and the new validated roster.
Note for Teams Playing in State Cup: Your team may not participate in NJYS State Cup or National Championship competition including the
Regional Premier Leagues if you have a secondary player on your roster.
Note: A secondary pass is valid only as long as the primary pass identified on the front of the secondary pass is valid.
Distribution of Completed Form: Original to League, Copy to: Team, District Commissioner
Secondary PLRSA Instructions: Items to bring to supervisor for review
1) Completed status form with all signatures (except League Official and your club’s DC). Make 2 additional copies
2) $10 check made out to MCYSA per card/player
3) New Roster and one additional copy of new roster
4) Original validated roster (keep a copy for your records)
5) Copy of the player’s primary pass, front and back
6) Player pass generated from Gotsoccer (with picture and signature)
7) Medical release form (original – no copy)
8) Sage form required
Reference: www.njyouthsoccer.com. for more information.
Add-Ons PLRSA Instructions: Items to bring to me for review
1) New Roster and one additional copy of new roster
2) Original validated roster (keep a copy for your records)
3) Membership Form
4) Player pass generated from Gotsoccer (with picture and signature)
5) Birth Certificate
7) Medical release form (original – no copy)
8) Sage form required
1) Break perforated cards apart before adding picture and player signing. I cut off the tops of several players this year.
2) Add-Ons and Secondary Crds – include New Roster and one additional copy of new roster.
3) Make sure the player only signs on one line on both the card and membership form.
4) Script in the requirement – the league was lenient this year due the new Gotsoccer process.